The campus of Karunya University is located on a sprawling 750 acres in a lush green valley in Coimbatore (Southern India). Karunya (which means Compassion) is a university with a social concern that addresses the problems of humanity through teaching, research, and extension in socially relevant areas.
During this past school year, over 8,500 resident students came from all over the world and attended this Christian-based university. These Karunya students and alumni possess spiritual discernment, a zeal to serve humanity, and the desire and training to become tomorrow's leaders in society.
Karunya University is a nationally ranked, fully residential, private Christian university in India. If you can picture yourself exploring the field of your interest, excelling in academics motivated by great teachers, growing spiritually guided by caring mentors and becoming a wholesome personality equipped to bring change in the world and to lead, Karunya is the right place for you!
Realize your potential!
Reach your goals!!
Achieve your dreams!!!
Come, Join Karunya...
Dr. Paul Dhinakaran, the president of Jesus Calls International, serves as the Chancellor of Karunya University.
In 1981, Dr. D.G.S. Dhinakaran (the founder of Jesus Calls International), received the vision to start a Technical University which would produce outstanding engineers with leadership qualities to serve at the national and global level.
Karunya Institute of Technology began as a private engineering college in the fall of 1986. In 2004, the Institute was awarded university status in recognition of its academic excellence by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, the Government of India. Subsequently this institution was renamed as Karunya University under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide Notification No. 9-3-2000-U3 dated. 23.6.2004 of the Government of India.
This spring, Karunya University completed its 31st year of service as a college of higher education with specific focus on Engineering and Technology. It has moved swiftly ahead to carve a niche for itself as an institution promoting all around excellence. In a nutshell, Karunya is a co-educational, fully residential, technological university imparting holistic education for students to develop the mind, body, and spirit.
Karunya University was founded with the noble vision to raise professionals and leaders of high academic caliber and Godly character, nurtured with a strong motivation and commitment to serve humanity.
To accomplish this vision, Karunya University - a Christian Institution - is committed to transforming lives through the following objectives:
- To raise undergraduate and post graduate students and research scholars to serve humanity by attaining high levels of academic excellence, professional competence, exemplary values, and spiritual empowerment.
- To find real solutions to human problems in areas relating to water, food, health care, and energy through scientific, social, and technological research- as well as policy formulation.
- To set up homes to care for the undeserved, underprivileged, and the terminally ill.
- To enable its students to understand human needs and pain by participating in the services rendered to them on campus. Thus,
- To dedicate themselves to work towards solving those problems through spiritual care, research, development, and policy making at the highest levels.